I have mixed feelings about how my 2020 went mainly because I feel that 2020 is not the worst year I ever had. It feels more like a roller coaster ride for me and I’m happy that at the end of the year, I, my family, and friends are all still healthy and alive. Since thanksgiving, it seems like two months flew by in blink of an eye. Having too many celebrations, birthdays and gatherings.
As we begin 2021, I have made a commitment to be better and be positive hoping it will be much better compared to last year. There will be steps to celebrate and moments of fear, moments of tumbling, moments of learning by failure. But in each, I want to be present, I want to rise, bruised, stronger. For you, for me, we will celebrate each stride. I want to allow myself to be me, to reside in grace, and to be happy in where I am and who I am.
Anyway lets make this first post of the year short and sweet. I am sharing instant Quinoa Oats Dosa with you. This year my goal is to share healthier options with you when it comes to Indian food options. This dosa recipe is instant and quite easy. My son loved it as he is slightly picky eater, hence I decided it would be a great recipe for you all! It is perfect for meal for anytime of the day! It is vegan, healthy, high in fiber and low in carbs. I hope you all get to try this and love it as much as we do!
- Soak quinoa, instant rolled oats and lentils for at least 3 hours. You don’t need to soak over night.
- While soaking, use as much water as you like, however before grinding – dump most of the water out.
- I make very thick dosa batter and adjust the consistency later as I make the dosa. It should be similar to regular dosa batter.
- For perfect dosa texture, use cast iron or non stick skillet.
- Quinoa oats dosa have to be cooked on low heat when you are pouring the batter and increase to medium while its cooking. They come out perfectly golden crispy every time. If your skillet is too hot than the batter will stick.
- Between each dosa use a couple of wet paper towels to wipe the pan or splash with some water. This gives one enough time to thinly spread the batter for next dosa.
1 cup quinoa
1/2 cup instant rolled oats
1/2 cup urad dal
4 tbsp chana dal
1-2 cups to water make the batter
salt to taste
1/2 cup oil to use while cooking dosa (I usually apply with silicone brush)
Rinse quinoa and lentils. Soak quinoa, oats, and lentils for at least 3 hours. Drain out excess water and blend until smooth. Add salt and mix well. The dosa batter should be similar to pancake batter. Heat cast iron or non stick pan on low heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter and spread into a think dosa using back of the measuring cup using circular motion from center going outwards. Brush oil all over dosa within 10 seconds and increase the heat to medium. Allow dosa to crisp up, this process takes approximately 1-2 minutes. Using a flat spatula start removing the dosa from the outer edges and fold the dosa. Serve immediately with chutney and sambhar. Enjoy!